Milesweb is one of the famous web hosting companies that offer various services to make your business get online.
You get a free domain with Milesweb and it also has features like WordPress optimization, lightning-fast website, DNS management, uptime guarantee, unlimited domains and subdomains, Cloudflare, and many more.
You will find details regarding several features of Milesweb Nameservers and other facts related to the same.
Post Contents :
What is Milesweb Hosting Nameserver?
Milesweb Hosting Nameserver is a server on the internet that is committed to handling queries about the location of a domain’s several services.
Nameserver is the most vital part of the Milesweb DNS server which maps the domains to IP address and even vice-versa. When you register a domain with Milesweb, it will automatically provide default nameservers to your domain.
This default nameserver is known as the Milesweb Hosting Nameserver.
How to Set Default Nameservers From WHM?
👉 To set default Milesweb nameservers from WHM, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you must Log In to WHM as a root and access option
- Select Server Configuration
- Click on Basic cPanel & WHM Setup
- Scroll down to set the default nameservers
- Now enter the nameservers
- Click on the respective tabs to assign an IP and add A record
- Click on Save Changes
How to Register Private Nameservers for your Domain?
You can discover the procedure below to register private Milesweb nameservers for your domain.
- Log in to the client area of Milesweb
- Then click on Registered Domains
- Now choose a domain from the My Domains page for which you want to register private nameservers
- Click on Manage Domain
- On the next page, click on More
- Select Private Nameservers
- Now in the Register, a Nameserver Name section type in all the required information asked. e.g: Nameserver Name, IP Address, etc.
- Enter your actual server IP address on the IP address section
- Click on Save Changes
👉 If you want to add more private nameserver registration, you can repeat the process. Keep in mind that most of the changes made to nameservers will take 24 – 48 hours for the changes to occur.
How Do I Modify Nameservers in GoDaddy| Milesweb?
- To modify nameservers in GoDaddy follow these steps:
- Log into your account in GoDaddy – https://sso.godaddy.com/login
- Select your Domain to access the Domain Setting page
- Select Manage DNS which can be seen under the Additional Settings
- Click on Change in the Nameservers section
- Choose one option from the three given on the page
- Select Save/Connect
- Check the box which says Yes, I consent
👉 To modify Milesweb nameservers in follow these steps:
- Milesweb Login using Milesweb Client Area
- Click on the Domains Tab which you can find on the menu bar on top
- When you click on Domains, you will get a drop-down menu, select My Domains
- Click on the Manage Button which can be found on the right-hand side of the Domains page
- Select the Nameservers tab
- You can now modify your nameserver addresses here
- Click on Change Nameservers when done
Should I Change my Nameservers to Use Cloudflare?
You do not have to change your nameserver to use Cloudflare. With the help of the CNAME Setup feature, you can easily use Cloudflare. Also, you need not change your hosting provider as well.
How to Connect a Domain Name to a Hosting Account or a Reseller Server?
If you have purchased one of the plans of Milesweb, you will receive a mail with the details of private or reseller nameservers that you must use. Milesweb mail login to access the details. To connect a domain name to a reseller server in Mikesweb, follow the steps below:
- First, you must Sign In to the Milesweb Client Account
- Select the Domain List which you can find at the left sidebar
- Next to your domain in the list, click on the Manage button
- Click on the Nameservers
- From the drop-down menu, select Milesweb Web Hosting DNS
- Click Save Changes
What Are Authoritative Nameservers?
An authoritative nameserver provides answers in response to the question asked about names in a particular zone. It will only return answers to queries about domain names that are precisely configured by the administrator.
What Happens When You Change Nameservers?
Whenever you change a nameserver that you are using, the internet will look to the new milesweb nameserver location. This is done to deliver information linked to your domain which will also include website and email services.
Can I Keep My Domain Name When I Change a Host?
It is alright to keep your domain name even when you change your current host. You only have to change the domain’s nameserver to point to your new host’s server.
But if you wish to change your domain name, you can do that as well. But you will need to follow some procedures.
These are some of the important information you must know if you are using Milesweb nameservers Hosting Services.